PETRONAS is pleased to announce that the Jerun field in Block SK 408 located approximately 160 km off the coast of Sarawak, offshore Malaysia has recently achieved its first gas production.

The operator of this block, Sapura OMV Upstream (Sarawak) Inc. (SapuraOMV) holds 40 percent participating interest, while the remaining 60 percent is equally shared by PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) and Sarawak Shell Berhad (SSB).

The Jerun field was first discovered in 2015 by SapuraOMV, following the drilling of nine (9) exploration wells from 2014 to 2015. Capable of producing up to 550 million standard cubic feet per day (mmsfd), this project is poised to address the increasing global energy demand.

PETRONAS Senior Vice President of Malaysia Petroleum Management (MPM), Datuk Ir. Bacho Pilong, said, “Congratulations to SapuraOMV and their partners for achieving this milestone.

Adding to the country’s energy portfolio, this project promises significant contributions towards sustaining Malaysia’s long term gas supply. The unwavering support and cooperation from the Sarawak Government and local authorities have been instrumental in the success of this project.”

PETRONAS is committed to ensuring optimal and sustainable supply of oil and gas for energy security for the nation while pursuing deliberate efforts towards achieving low-carbon, low-emission operations, in line with our goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.


Sila masukkan komen anda!
Sila masukkan nama anda di sini